Demonstrate understanding, skill and compassion in caring for persons and congregations.
The candidate shall
- give evidence of appropriate care and empathy toward persons in various crises.
- show a grasp of the challenges and opportunities emerging in the various stages of life.
- exhibit an understanding of the psychological and social forces that shape human behavior.
- demonstrate the ability to offer accountable spiritual counsel with appropriate boundaries, utilizing the resources of faith and forgiveness.
- show an ability to refer to appropriate community and professional resources.
- exhibit sufficient emotional and psychological health and self-understanding to care for others in a healthy way.
- show capacity for self-care, including appropriate use of outside mentors, coaches, and/or counselors.