Demonstrate the understanding and skill required to lead the people of God in faithfulness to their mission, including the areas of discipleship, evangelism, and leadership.
The candidate shall
- give evidence of an understanding of approaches to discipleship and capacity discipling individuals toward multiplication and maturity of faith in Christ.
- demonstrate, either through personal experience or by undergoing training, the ability and commitment for nurturing others to embrace faith in Christ, and to maximize and multiply the church’s effectiveness in evangelism.
- show understanding of the principles and practices of church leadership, both in theory and practice.
- demonstrate the strategic dimensions of leadership, including vision formation, management skills, coping with change, and critical evaluation of self and program.
- show ability to lead in a way that meaningfully engages the cultural context and needs of the wider community.