Demonstrate a life worthy of the gospel, a sense of call to be a leader in the church, an understanding of that ministry, and a commitment to its responsibilities.
The candidate shall
- demonstrate servanthood, measured by growth in God’s grace, as well as evidence of a fruitful ministry.
- understand the expectations, boundaries, and opportunities of ministry outlined in Scripture and the Book of Church Order.
- exhibit a Reformed vision for ministry embracing the local congregation, classis, and the greater church.
- articulate a biblical, personal, and Reformed call to ministry as prompted by the Holy Spirit and as attested to by others.
- show evidence of personal integrity by completing a psychological assessment and successfully passing a criminal background check administered by the classis or its designated agent, and interpreted by the classis.