Church Leadership Center celebrates a year of transformational leadership education in the Reformed Church in America (RCA) and Christian Reformed Church (CRC) in North America. Following are examples of the equipping of Commissioned Pastors, course facilitators, mentors, and other lay leaders.
THE CURRENT IMPACT OF CLC INCLUDES:
- 43 Commissioned Pastors (CLC trained) who have completed their programs and are currently serving the needs of their churches
- 77 candidates and other participants in the process of completing their programs or being developed as leaders
- Weekly blog sent to over 900 leaders
- 3-4 courses offered each calendar quarter
- Training and support for dozens of mentors and facilitators
- Growth of our CLC team with the addition of Jim Lankheet joining Mark Veldt, Burt Braunius, Daniel Maat, Ralph Schregardus, and Wayne Brouwer
- Christ Memorial Church in Holland, Michiggan generously opening their door to provide office space
- Working relationships with . . .
- three RCA regional Synods: Great Lakes, Mid-America, Far West
- eleven Classes: City Classis of the Great Lakes, North Grand Rapids, Southwest Michigan, Holland, Zeeland, Muskegon, Northern Michigan, Chicago, Illiana/Florida, Central California, Wisconsin.
- Implementing the unique CLC way: A well-organized attainment of the RCA’s Ten Competencies featuring personalized training plans, one-on-one mentoring, live discussion groups, and appropriate use of online technologies to acquire and record the necessary knowledge and skills
- Custom-built leadership development initiatives with more than ten churches in Michigan and Chicago areas
- Denominational and non-profit programs, including consultation with Thrive for RCA/CRC church planter training and creation and oversight of Mission India’s Emerging Leaders and Spiritual Formation programs for US and India staff.
THE NEXT STEPS FOR CLC INVOLVE:
- expanding Leadership Development work to include Elder and Deacon Training; Leadership Development within smaller churches; and responding to new requests for leadership development within churches and organizations
- engaging in leadership education for church planting:
- specialized courses for Church planters, including “Resourcing the Church Plant”
- specialized focus on reaching people groups, including next generation 18-35 year olds, ethnic people groups and immigrant populations, and developmental disability populations
CLC RELIES UPON THE GENEROSITY OF DONORS TO MAKE POSSIBLE ITS MINISTRY.
Please consider a year-end donation to the work of Church Leadership Center. The current 43 Commissioned Pastors and the 77 candidates and other participants will be grateful for your support–and so will we! Donations are tax deductible.
Make Checks to:
Church Leadership Center, 595 Graafschap Road , Holland, MI 49423
Web site: ChurchLeadershipCenter.org, Phone: 616-796-3362