Understanding of and adherence to pastoral ethics and practices
Demonstrate the understanding and skill required to lead the people of God in faithfulness to their mission, including the areas of discipleship, evangelism, and leadership.
The candidate shall
- give evidence of an understanding of approaches to discipleship and capacity discipling individuals toward multiplication and maturity of faith in Christ.
- demonstrate, either through personal experience or by undergoing training, the ability and commitment for nurturing others to embrace faith in Christ, and to maximize and multiply the church’s effectiveness in evangelism.
- show understanding of the principles and practices of church leadership, both in theory and practice.
- demonstrate the strategic dimensions of leadership, including vision formation, management skills, coping with change, and critical evaluation of self and program.
- show ability to lead in a way that meaningfully engages the cultural context and needs of the wider community.
Additional CLC Blog Articles